Skip to content

PLGs

March 24, 2011

Ever since I saw the DirectTV commercial below with the tiny giraffe I’ve been whining at Scott to get me one.  Because I think being unreasonable can be cute.  And also, who doesn’t love really teeny animals?

It’s been a running joke…he’s supposed to get me a mini giraffe and I’m getting him a hot tub that I’ve been paying off one nickle at a time on layaway for the past 4 years.  This is probably one of those stupid husband and wife things that other people don’t really think is funny.

 

Anyway.

 

My friend Sara knows about my love for the mini giraffe, so today she posted this link on my fb page.  GUYS MINI GIRAFFES ARE REAL!!

I now know that they’re actually called Petite Lap Giraffes, or PLGs for short, and I’m number 38181 on the waiting list to get one.

PLGs are available exclusively at Sokoblovsky Farms in Russia.  They like bonsai tree leaves, being indoors, and bubble baths.

“Petite Lap Giraffes are very funny animal that require special care. They need lots of love. Hugs and kisses every day. Otherwise they make tears.”

I want a Petite Lap Giraffe…I swear I will give it hugs and kisses every day.  I will make tears if I do not get one 😦

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***editor’s note***

Much to my chagrin, Petite Lap Giraffes are not real.  I don’t want to mislead any readers.  When I saw the site I was about 99% positive it was a marketing ploy.  The other 1% was strictly wishful thinking.  So I did what anyone would do.  I googled.  This guy, among many other people, dispel the myth and are basically the meanest dream ruiners I’ve ever not-met.

Advertisements
13 Comments leave one →
  1. March 24, 2011 3:05 pm

    Just so you know hot tubs are real and they are great for PLGs and me to relax in…

    • March 24, 2011 4:40 pm

      Scott you’re logged in as me on your computer…so it looks like I left myself a comment.

      On the upside I was able to edit the grammar in your response.

  2. March 24, 2011 4:55 pm

    Sorry, I really wanted a petite lap giraffe too.

    • March 24, 2011 5:52 pm

      Apparently we’re not the only ones…these are the search engine terms bringing people to my blog today:

      Search Views
      are lap giraffes real
      are there really petite giraffes
      petite lap giraffe – are they real?
      “petite lap giraffe”
      thanks to my mom different flavors of hershey’s kisses
      petite lap giraffe myth
      petite lap giraffes joke

      I’m sure yours looks pretty similar (minus the random hershey’s kiss thing in the middle).

  3. March 24, 2011 9:42 pm

    I bet those tiny giraffes eat those tiny ears of baby corn!

  4. March 25, 2011 4:18 pm

    OMG I thought they were real. You have spawned and then crushed my dreams all within a couple hundred words. Terrible!!!!

    • March 25, 2011 7:11 pm

      I know! When I saw the site I was like “They can’t be real, this has to be just a joke.” But then there was that little bit inside of me that wants one so so so so bad and I was like “Well maaaybeee they’re real…they’re making mini piggies and teacup puppies and bunch of other tiny adorable animals, so why not giraffes??” Hence the google research. Which crushed my dreams as well.

      Judging by my search engine terms I’m crushing dreams left and right*. Pretty soon there will be a support group for people who are devastated that they can’t have PLGs.

      *I just had a ridiculous mental image of me as the hulk smashing little clouds with mini giraffes in them.

  5. AmyBlam permalink
    March 28, 2011 1:25 pm

    Oh this makes me so very sad…but the website is hysterical. My mother insists they are real and wants me to buy her one. I be thinking to talk like website and make happy bubbles.

    • March 28, 2011 2:31 pm

      I know! I keep going back to the website to watch them. I found that if you refresh the page it will throw a different “live” video up each time. I like to watch them and pretend like I don’t know it’s a marketing ploy.
      Me and your mom…no matter who tells us they’re fake we’ll keep hope alive!

  6. giraffe luvva permalink
    March 30, 2011 10:13 pm

    u ppl r idiots, there is a webcam of the mini giraffes first of all, and second of all, i have seen 1 in person. Think about it, how could they even make that commercial if they werent real, idiots

Trackbacks

  1. You People Only Love Me For My PLGs :( « Murph's Irish Grudge
  2. HOLY SHITBALLS! « Murph's Irish Grudge

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: